The NIFL Fan Forum is for entertainment purposes only.
The views expressed on this message board are not necessarily based on fact.
The opinions and views on this board do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, management or employees of the National Indoor Football League or member teams
Please refer to the forum guidelines for more information.

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login Usergroups

capitols news
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goathead
Rookie

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: capitols news

i have some good news and some really bad news. the good news is that i heard that the capitols are going to be sold. actually, i heard that it has already went through but they have not announced it yet. this is good because now maybe we will have a management group that will actually pay their bills.
but as with most good news there has to come some bad news. they are already off on the wrong foot and making bad front office and coaching decisions. i heard that they are going to be hiring back jose jefferson as GM/head coach. they couldn't have made a worse decision. jose bad mouthed this team and organization not more that a year and a half ago after he decided that he was going to try to move into other positions in the af2. he lead a green bay team to a 2-14 record. the only thing he had going for him before was that he had a great bunch of players that enjoyed playing for each other and not him because he continually disrespected them by bad mouthing them and believing that they were winning because of him. he is very arrogant and somehow he believes that he has created the passing game. he needs to understand that the game is bigger than him. i don't know the feel for all the players but i do know that there are a few that DO NOT want to play for him and said that will consider going to omaha to play instead. the players that i am talking about, without naming any names do play on the defensive side of the ball. how this plays out we will have to wait and see, but i for one will not like seeing some of our players in beef uniforms, so jose if you should read this or anyone with any power in this matter keep jose as a gm but keep him away from the players and field so we can build off the success we have going with the players we have had.
CapsFan4Life
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject:

bad news is better than no news...

WE WANT BO...WE WANT BO...WE WANT BO...

Lincoln Capitols-2004 NIFL Champs!
Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starr
Rookie

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I dont know how much that is true....will have to wait and see.
Send private message MSN Messenger
IndoorFanMan
Rookie

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: If it is true.......

the let the players goto Omaha - how do you know so much about what is going on. I, for one, thought Jefferson did a good job with the team. I have heard alot of players talk about Mumford the same way about not returning - so big deal. If you don't like what is going on, then jump on the Beef band wagon or someone else's like the rest of the whinners. It is always someone like you who brings in all of the negatives when something is trying to get built up. I will be a fan of Lincoln football regardless of who is coaching. As for bad mouthing the organization, I remember one of the players in the Journal Star talking about the lack of pay checks and other misdeeds and this was just last season. I don't recall Jefferson blasting Bailey in the press or in the news so you must have talked to someone or heard something about it. As for players, most of those guys are old and need to move on as well but I am quite sure most would come back as most were under Jefferson anyway. What about our offense last season - I think we averaged 38 points a game and the year we won the division I think it was 54. Know your facts dude before you start with the " good news/bad news" deal. So now I guess we will hear a post about you not renewing your season tickets now - oh well - get lost then. The Caps need support not boo-birds before we even get started. This is the reason that indoor football has suffered so long in here. Lincoln needs a spark and hopefully Jefferson or whoever will give it to us!!! GO CAPS!
capsrule
Rookie

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I liked the guy. I thought he was very smart and handled the players and the press well. I thought he hit a rough patch in Green Bay - but look at Solich...ha Compared to what the teams in Nebraska do - high school or college - I think Jefferson has done well with the passing game. Cotton could use alittle help though. ( can you tell I love my Huskers) Didn't Luedtke win the MVP with good numbers? Oh well, Jefferson had nothing to do with that - just like Solich has nothing to do with the losing. I don't understand that. When a team wins, it is the players. When a team loses, it is the coach. Goathead, I don't understand why you would try to bash a coach that did good here. What you are talking about sounds alittle personal - did Jefferson cut you? ha I don't know about most people but I like the guy and wish him luck. Players in this league are a dime a dozen - how many did we go through this year? How many players left last year because Jefferson did? Long, the Time Bomb, Luedkte, etc. I do know that Mumford is leaving for the same reason Jefferson did as I know Marc. But with this new sale - it that is even true, I can understand getting someone in familar to the city, the players, and the game. Good luck Coach J - and welcome back! - if that is even true - I will believe that when I see that as well. OUT
Sully
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject:

GOATHEAD - nothing could be further from the truth. Nameless players - give me a break. I have been a fan since the kerry ecklund days and Jefferson was one of bright spots of the team and organization. I have heard the rumor from Matt Starr and some of the players and I understand it is a good buzz - very good. Players thinking of not playing are considering coming back because of it. From what I hear, Mumford was very unorganized and tried to be the "buddy". And if some of those guys ( on the defense ) don't want to come back - isn't it the DEFENSE giving up all of the points? Maybe we need some new players there. I don't ever recall Jefferson bad mouthing the players - that is a lie. Bad mouthing the management, I think the whole town did that. I am curious if Jefferson decides to be GM - he couldn't be worse than the ones in there in the past. As for players going to Omaha - playing for Buda couldn't be a picnic and I imagine Marge Smith will be involved to run that team into the ground soon. If he is arrogant , good for him - I don't want a whimp for a coach. It must have rubbed off on the players as we always kicked A$$ with him here. HOW SOON WE FORGET - Pacific North Division Champs 2002! We will rise again if he returns and I am on board!
goathead
Rookie

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject:

Yes Sully is correct. The defense is giving up all the points. The defense gave up so many points that they lead the pacific conference with the least amount of points per game. You are right lets get rid of them because I for one know that watching Kopf, Staples, Goode, Toline, and the rest of them pitch a shut out is boring and they are getting old. Rememeber how old that they looked when they had the eight play goalline stand inside the three. Boy come to think of it I would have put the capitols defense up against any one in the league. Hey, Sully, say something else stupid.

Last edited by goathead on Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
matpayne
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Ya and I know who that shut out was pitched to, you had to bring it up.
Sully
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I WILL say something else stupid - Goathead. How is that?! Well, I felt the need to say something stupid seeing that you did in your first post. I like our defense but you talked about everyone leaving and I don't respect that nor you for that matter. It takes a BIG man to bad mouth someone on the internet - get a grip. So you are saying Mumford wasn't a good coach either he just had good players - who were recruited by Jefferson? You are pathetic! According to you, it is all about the players and the coaches just show up for gamedays. Mumford was good and Jefferson was good and both knew how to use the players. Also I am quite sure you are "buddies" with the whole team and they tell you everything that goes on - whatever, groupie! We should just be thankful that we have another team outside the Huskers to root for, instead of being negative. Like I said, I am just happy we will play regardless of who is coaching and you should be too. So tell your "buddies" to SHUT UP and play ball! GEEZ , these are $200 dollar a game players who should be thankful just to be on the field. If they were any better - they would be playin on sundays. But until then, come ready to play! Is that stupid enough for you? What a jerk! OUT
Sully
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject:

34 points defense a game with scoring 37 points a game on offense in 2003 - vs 39 points defense a game with scoring 54 points a game in 2002 - sorry but I think Jefferson is a good choice if all of that goes down - stat boy - Plus, that goes to show that not everyone can run a good offense and I thought we were as talented as anyone in the division. But our coaching sucked according to you , GOATFACE. OUT
IndoorFanMan
Rookie

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject:

I think both of you ( Sully and Goathead) are alittle over the top but the passion is good to see from Caps fan. Goathead, the same things you said about Jefferson are the same things some of the players said about Mumford. I do know Mumford wasn't as organized which bother most of the players due to Jefferson's attention to details. And Sully, our defense has played very well all year as it was them that had kept us in games all year. I don't think Whitting was the answer as an OC. Too young and way to arrogant for someone without that much experience plus I don't think he know how to call a game. Look at it this way - Lincoln as had the Division Coach of the year for two straight seasons so both most be pretty good.
Starr
Rookie

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I agree...2 great coaches with different styles of coaching. And by the way its spelled M-u-n-f-o-r-d.
Send private message MSN Messenger
CapsFan4Life
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject:

come on Starr...let us know something...I know you know what going on...

I want REAL info...

WE WANT BO...WE WANT BO...WE WANT BO...

Lincoln Capitols-2004 NIFL Champs!
Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fwp
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject:

First off......Bruce Bailey probably saved indoor football here in Lincoln after the Lightning debacle and their last minute pull out. Taking on a lot of the problems left over no doubt left him behind the 8-ball and lead to a lot of corner cutting and questionable decisions just to keep things going.

Last season was the first in some time that I didn't hear a lot of drama from the front office, they worked hard and it showed in continuous improvement in attendance. I thought this was even more impressive with the very late start they had, naming a coach and kicking off tryouts not to mention the limited resources they had to work with.

Munford did a tremendous job last year, I had the good fortune to be able to go to a number of the practices and see how this team grew together after a slow start out of the gates. The team spent a lot of the season shoring up the receiving corps and too many games fixing the kicking problem. Despite this and playing in a much tougher NIFL(which this year the league will probably be even more improved) than the year before, we were probably one game, one player(if Ted could have started the season with you guys) away from the league not being able to legislate you out of the playoffs. The entire coaching staff improved and improved the team throughout the season. By the end of the season this team was as hot as any team that made the playoffs.

The team seemed very close and seemed to really enjoy playing and practicing together. Anyone who wants to criticize any of the guys we've been fortunate to have here in Lincoln the last few years is crazy and hasn't been paying attention to all they've done for us for the last few seasons. The affection they had carried over to the crowd, and the growing crowd quickly were won over by each one of our Capitols. I can think of hundreds of plays during the season that showed how close these guys were to each other!

Unfortunately it sounds like Marc's other commitments prevent him from returning to the Head Coaching position for the Capitols. If that's the case Jose should be a welcome addition back with the Capitols. In my opinion, one of his strengths when he was here was surrounding himself with the best around. Munford, Mizerski, Whiting, Traynowicz and each and everyone of the players that have been here for us.

I thought he made a tremendous mistake when he went to Green Bay because he didn't have the really good people around him anymore. I don't know if that's why he had such a tough time, but hopefully he's coming back recognizing what he had here and rebuilds it, or maintains it to what he and we had and expect.

Goathead, if Coach Jefferson is returning to the team this year I hope you and he sit down and talk, I'm sure he has grown as a coach also while he was away, and the fans in Lincoln want each and every one of you back. Remember how much fun you have playing together as a team, I saw it during each and every play each of you made.

Whatever's going on needs to get done soon, it's time to get out and start being seen around town and selling season tickets. I know a few people that have tried to contact the office to see about getting tickets, but obviously right now there's no answer.

Tony, I wish I could have seen that game, it sounds like it was a good one................wait a minute.........I DID!!!!!!!!!!

IFM..........get in shape!

All of this is just my opinion, but I hope you guys can get things together. My son and I have really enjoyed all that the Caps have brought to us as fans the last few years, and we want to be there again this year rooting for each and every one of you!

Let's hear some GOOD NEWS!!!!!
cdunk
Rookie

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject:

A dime a dozen? Wow! Did I actually read that NIFL players are a dime a dozen? Unbelievable. I invite, no, I dare, anyone that thinks this to join me on the field and try their hand. In fact, I'll pass the word and you can try against any of the Caps (kicker excluded). Check your rosters man. Most of these guys, if not all, were either all conference, all league, or all american at their respective teams. If thats " a dime a dozen", then maybe we should just pack up camp and just watch college and NFL for 4 months and enjoy ice skating and curling for the other 8.
As for coaches, I feel I'm in a position to remark. I've been a Lincoln player since it started, which means I've been here longer than anyone. And I do mean anyone. Jose has been a solid coach, a good friend, and a great representative of Caps football for his years here. And yes, he has been a buddy, which, I dare say, is one of the biggest qualities that players look for at this level. So, that being said, Marc was also a terrific coach here and will be missed. Don't choose me to pick a favorite, because thats just not politically correct. Yeah, I play offense, but I play defense too (3tfl's on the 8 play goalline stand), so that really doesn't matter.
One more thing...old? Who's old? I'm 29 and I'm the longest standing vet on the team. I don't feel old. Please refer to the first paragraph.

Anyway, all true fans, we all appreciate the support. Its a great feeling to come out of the locker room and have the energy feed the soul the way it does in the "Hole". I've said it before, but Lincoln fans truly are the greatest in the nation.
       National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: