The NIFL Fan Forum is for entertainment purposes only.
The views expressed on this message board are not necessarily based on fact.
The opinions and views on this board do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, management or employees of the National Indoor Football League or member teams
Please refer to the forum guidelines for more information.

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login Usergroups

Big News in Storm Camp!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCRedDogs#1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject:

It may have been Tee but now that we have a coach settled and will have a team this year. I am sure he will stay.
Lightning Bolt
All Star

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject:

Hey Storm4Life is the rest of the Storm staff coming back? I think they have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. I looked at their website and they have alot of coaches with experience.
Storm4Life
All Star

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject:

They are all back and I agree with you, they are young and hungry. It is not Higgs, he did contact us and we declined! 9 more days and the cat will be out of the bag..icon_smile.gif 2004 NIFL Champs..
matpayne
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject:

NIFL Champs, hmm

I am thinking you folks will be lucky to win a division game. LOL

Keep us waiting, thats ok, because we will see who has the bigger signings. After all, next Wed. is NIFL Bandits/AFL GLadiators try-out. It will be interesting to see what kind of talent we come home with after that try-out. Could be a variety of D-I, D-II, D-III guys that just need to gain a bit of experience before they move up to AFL.
Storm4Life
All Star

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Payne, here lies Sioux City's problem You have new coaches, new players and a new arena. Your one advantage the past years was the cracker box you played in. You need a foundation to be successful. Do you realize we have 85% of our players signed already? Expect a revolving door down there in Sioux City. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you guys will bring in some stud athletes, but can they learn the system and play together in just a few weeks. You guys as well as Rapid are in a rebuilding phase so expect a long year..
TB#1
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Gosh I love how SF fans talk trash and then when the Storm lose they disapear. Come on Storm give some facts while We're in a rebuilding year.
Storm4Life
All Star

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject:

Cause your veterans keep calling our front office wanting to come play with us, some we've invited, some we've declined. You had a sub-par year last year, and now It's as if you are starting over... You can't expect to build a playoff caliber team in the off season with all new management and coaches. Hey, I would love to see Rapid and Sioux City prove me wrong. I would much rather they have stand out years as appose to a Omaha or Utah. In my experience it is tough to put a good product on the field in 4-5 short months using new people and a new system.
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject:

Now why do you say that?

We had 7-9 players return in 2003 from 2002, basically rebuilt the team, and lost one less game (1 loss to 0 losses).

In this league, you CAN get better by rebuilding from the ground up.

I suppose we're gonna hafta do it again, too...
Rocky
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject:

The overall quality of player that the NIFL attracts now is up, so it is difficult to say if returning only a few players or returning a majority of players is a good thing. In my experience, the keys to immediate success are:

1) An experienced indoor/arena quarterback.

2) Returning defensive players.

3) A disciplined coaching staff.

Not hard and fast rules, but I'll wager on a team with all three of these attributes anyday.
Storm4Life
All Star

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Rocky when it is released I would wager that we have all three and then some...
exit 322, Obiviously you guys have a strong coaching staff in place that has a proven system that works. You can take an average player and put him in a proven system and succeed, but you cannot take a stud athlete and put him in a questionalbe system and expect to succeed..Rapid and Sioux City have new everything.
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Sioux City's head coach is hardly a questionable system. Just because of Haege's contacts (his son is a freaking AFL head coach), I think it's safe to say that SC can attract quality talent now.
RCRedDogs#1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Rapid City will have some good returning players and there new coach was the Offensive Cordinator during the Black Hills Machine days. Most of the plays and terms he used then are still in the current system.
Storm4Life
All Star

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Look, i am not disagreeing about the talent being brought in. It's just in Sports now aday it is tough for a new coach to come in and teach his system to kids you have never played together. Sure, every now and then a coach will produce a great year, but statiscally they struggle.
Out,
2004 NIFL Champs.
TB#1
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject:

maybe not as hard as you think Look at the 4 playoff teams from the Pacific. Utah, New Team, New Coach, Sioux Falls New coach. Bismarck New Coach. and I forgot that other team that made it icon_smile.gif oh well there not that important anyways
dogfan
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Storm Fan I wouldnt be too excited about having 85% of your players comming back. Its not like you won anything, if I remember right, we split the season with you. That makes you no better and no worse then the Red Dogs.
       National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: