The NIFL Fan Forum is for entertainment purposes only.
The views expressed on this message board are not necessarily based on fact.
The opinions and views on this board do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, management or employees of the National Indoor Football League or member teams
Please refer to the forum guidelines for more information.

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login Usergroups

Austin Rockers Status?

National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Atlantic Conference Southern Division
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammerhead
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Austin Rockers Status?

Now that it is apparent that the Crude will not be here for 2004 has anybody in the Austin area heard anything about the Rockers for 2004? This is a team that worries me because of the Wranglers. Curious to see if anybody knows anything yet.

http://www.geocities.com/landsharksbc
Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
traffic77
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Rockers playing Muzac

Nothing has been decided as of yet. It's a really tough call. The extra media that the Wranglers will get could help the Rockers.

If you look at Austins past schedule they have started the season with 5 of our first 6 games on the road or Byes. By the time we start playing home dates the Wranglers season is almost over. It also doesn't hurt that the Wranglers schedule is already know so it wouldn't be hard to schedule dates that don't conflict with their schedule.

To the really big factor is advertising revenue. Will there be any money left out their once the W's sign their deals. Which will cost considerably more than the NIFL rates.

But to answer your question. I have no ideal what is going to happen.
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject:

The Rockers could use that to their advantage...

"sure, not as many people will see it...but you'll still be advertising at a football game for a helluva lot less!"

"Here's a bunch of tickets, please pass them around to people"
traffic77
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: True that

But when it's "MY MONEY" the risk looks really high.

Honestly, if it was your money what would you do?

Do you think that you would make money?
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject:

If it was my money, I'd have done a few things.

1) new turf
2) gotten the hell out of dodge the second the AFL decided to move in
head driller
Rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject:

Austin will not return, they will not make the proper commitment to the league as well as the fans of Austin.``
Hammerhead
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject:

I guess it's "official". Didn't see Austin in any division nor on the shedule. Very sorry for the Austin fans. But at least they can shell out the big bucks and go see the Wranglers. Some cities that lose teams don't get that. Sorry Rocker fans.

http://www.geocities.com/landsharksbc
Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
traffic77
Veteran
Veteran

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: The sad part is ....

The team and ownership group were firmly planning on coming back. When the Wranglers made their announcement it just took all the wind out of their sails and put them in a "wait and see" mode.

We saw that they were coming. End of Story.

The thing that stands out in that in 2 years of NIFL play the Austin Teams have left their mark.

No one in Houma will ever forget the how the Knights came back for a 24 point deficiet in the final quarter to beat the Bucks by 1 point in their sold out home opener.

Or how about the 2 of the three highest scoing games in NIFL history last year on the Fastest (Worst?) field in the league.

Or my favorite memory, When Uath came to town and at half-time I had to send them out side to sit on bales of hay because the Ice-Bats (Minor league Hockey team) locked us out of our locker room.

Overall the Austin NIFL record is 15 - 13.

Then add to that the IPFL regular season champion Terminators 12-4 and hosted the IPFL 1999 championship and you get a resounding 27-17.

Me personally as the only front office person for all three teams had a really good run. No I didn't get all of my Paychecks. But I met some really great people and got some great trips out of the deal. Not to mention saw some great football.

I may end up working for the Wranglers but in my heart I know that the NIFL plays real football. The players and fans share the same heart, the LOVE of the Game is real and no one can put a price on that.

Terrel "Traffic" LeCesne
NIFL and IPFL from 1999 - 2003.
       National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Atlantic Conference Southern Division All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: