The NIFL Fan Forum is for entertainment purposes only.
The views expressed on this message board are not necessarily based on fact.
The opinions and views on this board do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, management or employees of the National Indoor Football League or member teams
Please refer to the forum guidelines for more information.

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login Usergroups

All-Wheeling Professional Indoor Football Team

National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Atlantic Conference Eastern Division
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovradio
Rookie

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: All-Wheeling Professional Indoor Football Team

All-Wheeling Indoorfootball team

5 years - Two Championships, 4 division titles, 2 Conference titles

Qb- Jose Davis, Kent, Indiana AFL
Rb- Birdie Dockery, Tuscullam, 50 TD's
FB- Chris Schneider, Pitt 4ys in Whg, NFL-E
OL- Hupp, Kent St.
OL- Lamont Green, Maryland,USFL
C- Mike Blackburn, BW 3yrs Whg

Wr, Rashaan Vanterpool, WVU, 49ers,
Wr Steve Vagades, ONU 4 NFL Teams, AFL Detroit
Wr- Scott Coyne, Kent St

DL- Eddie Bynes- Nuff Said
DL- DeJuan Gould, Toledo
DL- EJ Burt, WLSC fist team all AFL last year, Orlando
LB- Errik Herron, USC, XFL LA Def MVP, 2 yrr starter Detroit AFL
SS- Alan Jackson, Temple led IFL, NIFL X2 in Tackle leader
FS- John Jenkins, Pitt, Pittsburgh NFL
CB- Gary Jackson 3 yr Whg
CB- Shawn Williams, OU, KC Chiefs

Kr- Cory Kelly, SW Texas ST, Nashville AFL
K- Bruce Rienecker, WLSC, Chicago AFL

Please thats final

Player of the past Five Years:

EJ BURT - WLSC - Currently the best defensive player in the Arena League

I'm OUT!
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I can really only argue with one of those...Wehrle has done much better than Reinecker did, in my opinion.
kennel krazie
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Thats because wehrle doesnt have to kick around the flags like bruce did. How stupid could people be with those damn flags. Oh, well I guess you could be carl fodor and fumble the ball when you could have just fallen down, but I guess he wanted to lose the game for us.

I smell an odor and its coming from carl fodor- - - YOU STINK!
Joe Ohio Valley
Rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject:

OV Radio,
Would you believe that Old Joe is so bored I was also assembling an all-time team. Just wanted to make a few corrections to your team. I commend you that mosty of these are outstanding selections.

OL-Lamont Green was a great guy but he couldn't tie Jason Whitfield's Reeboks. I chose Whit. Even Redwine although not the brightest buld in the box was better that Green.

WR-I had a lot of trouble with this position also. I think Silvis deserves to be on ahead of Scott for his big plays and special teams work. Although Scott was fantastic during the 2-10 season. Vanterpool was limited by his quarterbacks so I like John Cooper ahead of him.

DL-You listed in my mind the best three DL in indoor football history. But if we have to pick a nose guard I would take A.J. Jones from Smash days. He created constant problems. Buffone is excellent also.

LB-Errick Herrin was not that great when he was in Wheeling. Schneider is a better player. Actually Mike Sims was a better player. The nod has to go to Chris.

SS-Alan is the only defensive player to play against us that I said "wow this guy is amazing" now that he plays for us you really see how good he is. Nate Johnson was also awful good.

CB-Gary and Shawn no doubt.

KR-Tough choice between Corey and Bunny I guess either is a safe bet.

PK-Has to be Wehrle great kickoffs and always big in the clutch.

Player of the past five years:
E.J. is great but Birdie was the most dominant player in the league for 2 seasons he has to be the best. Granted he ran behind a great offensive line. De Juan was also the toughest most all-out player we have ever had. I think you have to go with Birdie.

Great job, you know your indoor football in the valley. Let the debate begin.

Joe
ovradio
Rookie

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject:

I will agree with you "Joe" on the lack of a NT, and I will also agree with your choice of AJ Jones. I will never forget his slapping away of the ball in Dayton.

I will however stick with my choice of AJax at strong safety. Agreed Nate was aweful good however, he never led the NIFL in tackle once, much less twice.

The Best Wheeling player has to go to EJ, he was aweful good in Wheeling late in the year. You cannot question what he has done since at a higher level. EJ is amazing in the Arena League.

The wr debate could go on forever. I also though about Brian Kosokowski, now he was a hell of a receiver. Silvis could have been the MVP of IB II. coyne did so much for the Wheeling franchise in the early days, must be remembered!

KR Cory gets my vote. He single handed won five games for the Smash, bunny was a one year wonder.

Thanks for the debate
DanTheFan
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject:

exit322 wrote:
I can really only argue with one of those...Wehrle has done much better than Reinecker did, in my opinion.

Both were good, but I'd have to agree with the choice of Reinecker instead of Wherle.

And why isn't Bunny on the list, he was a great KR and I think he was better than Kelly.
exit322
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject:

Neither is a bad decision...at least they didn't say Tim Williams.
DanTheFan
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't see one, so I wll just assume that the coache's honor goes to Coach Mark Bonar....
       National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Atlantic Conference Eastern Division All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: