The NIFL Fan Forum is for entertainment purposes only.
The views expressed on this message board are not necessarily based on fact.
The opinions and views on this board do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, management or employees of the National Indoor Football League or member teams
Please refer to the forum guidelines for more information.

FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login Usergroups

Beef announce a player signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Bone
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject:

I'd take the better record, regardless of how many TDs a QB threw...QB thrown TDs does not equal a winning team...nor does it make it necessarily any more likely to make the team win....

At least for the stats from last year I posted.

I'll take record over TDs any day icon_smile.gif
Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
fwp
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject:

Troy Travis has been the right man for the Omaha offense and he's proven it time and time again.

On the other hand.......I hate the stats you always dig up, they always show how flawed the leagues stats are. Our passing QB who played the whole season isn't even listed, and he would be up on that list, but our running QB who had to leave injured IS listed.

I hope this year that somehow the stats problems, and in particular the teams commitment to get them out is improved. Otherwise we should officially follow the Statmans stats and be done with it!
matpayne
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Randy's are the best stats. Travis is a good QB, but you know who really impressed me last year from the Beef was Matt LeFluer at QB. Quite frankly, I think LeFluer is better than Travis. LeFluer commanded the Beef in the last part of the game against Utah and scored more point in qter than Travis directed in 3 qters. And in the final qter of the Bandit game here in SUX, he did much better then Travis did in the game.

It is nice that the Beef signed Travis, but I think LeFluer would be a much larger signing myself. And that is where I would put my plans for future QB considerations.
T-Bone
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Uh, fwp...those aren't the official, league stats. Those are the Hall lovin' "Qwik Stats"....
matpayne
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject:

But TBone Randy's stats are better and more complete than the league stats. I know they are not official, but they are certainly better.
T-Bone
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I totally understand that and totally agree with that, but like I said last year...and this year...those aren't official. Get the NIFL to use those stats or stop the moping.
Jerry
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject:

True, but the official stats are incomplete and can't be used as how any player or team actually did either. The NIFL stats will never be accurate till all teams submit them and submit them correctly.
There has been improvement with each season and I would expect more in 2004, but until there is 100% compliance, the argument of which are more accurate is invalid.
http://insideindoorsports.com/forum
fwp
Hall Of Fame Member
Hall Of Fame Member

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject:

If they aren't going to be done right with an honest effort they should be dropped.

As you can see some people get delusional about them as the inaccurate information they give us supports the imagination of how a few wish things really were!
omahaplaya
All Star

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Childs isnt coming back i know it he told me last week!
Send private message AIM Address
       National Indoor Football League Forum Index -> Pacific Conference Northern Division All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: